Chihuahua – Day 4 (3/17/10)

Breakfast in the room, and we started working with Maria Del Mar at 8am. At 10am, the would be starting. So we did some last minute cleaning – we swept the entrance plaza outside the dorms – all the way down to the new laundry room.

After cleaning and before the ceremony started, we talked with Paco, and we went and did farm chores. We could not find rabbit food, but other than that it was fine. After that, we went back to our room, and ate food for about an hour. We made gaucomole – like 3-4 bowls, and lots of food. Then Raul came, and he wanted us to get all the crap we cleared into 1-2 big piles so the kids could pick it all up tomorrow. So, the group did that while Cameron and I went with Raul to get the 140 trees. We got a few different kinds, and it was good. On the drive back we talked a bit, so that was fun – it was about a 40 minute drive to the other side of town to the tree place. When we got back, Jen was at the gate, trying to get out of the farm because her skin hurt so bad from sunburn. I felt so bad for my honey bunny. We unloaded the trees, and then Cameron and I went back with our group and continued to clear the yard. In a few minutes, Raul came back and told us we did a great job! He talked to us for a while and was so happy that the place looked so beautiful. So we finished up out there and got back to our place and had lunch at like 4pm – because we didn’t have lunch earlier. Everyone was really tired and sunburned. But we went out and played with the kids. Paco organized a large game of soccer, and that was a lot of fun! We played 10 vs. 10 on the big field. I actually played really well – I scored like 3 or 4 of our 6 goals. It was fun for me to just run fast and kick-butt – especially against kids who are so good with their feet! My team won, it was good.

Then we had dinner, 6 crackers and an oatmeal+milk mix that I did not like. I remember the same meal last year. Gerardo introduced me to his brother, and he gave me a kiss after dinner. Then we went back to the room and washed clothes. We washed them in the sink cause we could not get the clothes washer in our room to work. Half the group went to Chapel with the kids. At 9pm, we went out with Paco and Sergio and Sara for diner – although it was sad because Doris was sick and did not come along. Dinner was good, I got a quesadilla. After dinner, Paco, Sergio, and Sara took us on a small driving tour of Chihuahua – which was kind of cool – but we were all so tired – it was kind of frustrating because we did not get back until 12:30. We did stop at this cool park – like a water park – but not for playing in the water, but just walking around it. Then a cop kicked us out because it was too late.

Mexico 10 - Maura 183

Doris said she was sad because it is the first time she has ever gone to bed alone, and she had a super high fever.